Surrogacy is a very complex and emotionally challenging process that has already helped many families with fertility issues to conceive or carry a pregnancy to have a child of their own.
It involves cooperation between medical personnel, legal experts, Intended parents and Surrogate to reach the main goal – healthy baby birth.
Let’s consider together the whole Surrogacy theme and nuances with this article.
What is Surrogacy: Surrogacy definition
The definition of Surrogacy is determined as a kind of Assisted Reproductive Technology in which a woman (a Surrogate or Gestational Carrier) carries and delivers a baby on behalf of another individual or couple (Intended parents).
The Surrogate may become pregnant through Artificial Insemination (Traditional Surrogacy type) or by undergoing In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) with an embryo created using the Intended parents’ or donors’ genetic material.(Gestational Surrogacy type).
Gestational Surrogacy is widely recognized as a safer and more effective method worldwide, and Adonis Fertility International exclusively utilizes this type of Surrogacy in its programs.
The whole process of Surrogacy requires a special control on each stage with usage of the latest technological equipment to reach the best result, safety, and comfort for Intended parents, Surrogate and the baby, of course.
The compliance with the highest quality of medical treatment really matters on how Surrogacy works.
What is a Surrogate?
A Surrogate, also known as a Gestational Carrier (as referred to in the context of Gestational Surrogacy), plays a vital role in the process of Surrogacy.
A Surrogate is a compassionate and selfless individual who willingly offers her uterus and carries the pregnancy to term. She undergoes a comprehensive screening process, including medical, psychological, and legal evaluations, to ensure her suitability for Surrogacy. It is crucial to find a woman who is physically and emotionally capable of undertaking this responsibility.
Such questions as “What is a Surrogate mother?”, “What is Surrogate?” or “What is a Gestational Surrogate?” arise more and more frequently. And it’s understandable because people want to know exactly the tiniest moments before the start of Surrogacy treatment.
ADONIS Fertility International as a one of leading Fertility clinics worldwide is always ready to answer any of your questions. Do not hesitate to contact our managers, we work 24/7.
How does Surrogacy work?
Gestational Surrogacy is a complex process that involves complex key steps and stages.
The general process can be outlined as follows:
- Initial Consultation and Evaluation to discuss options for specific cases of Intended parents and understand the Surrogacy process;
- Searching for a Surrogate to find a suitable Surrogate and undergo screening procedures to assess her health and ability to carry the baby. ADONIS has its own Surrogate database with examined and totally healthy candidates ready to start the Program immediately;
- Legal and Financial Arrangements to enter into a legal agreement that outlines parties rights, responsibilities, and expectations. ADONIS Surrogacy programs include step-by-step Legal accompaniment by its own experienced Legal department;
- Medical Procedures to undergo hormone treatments and egg retrieval to create embryos and to conduct fertilization through In Vitro Fertilization (IVF);
- Embryo Transfer to transfer embryo to the uterus of the Surrogate during a medical procedure for subsequent development;
- Pregnancy and Monitoring of pregnancy by attending medical appointments to track the progress of the pregnancy, ensure the health and well-being of both the Surrogate and the developing baby, and make any necessary adjustments to the treatment plan;
- Birth and Post-Birth Process when the Surrogate reaches full term, she delivers the baby. The Intended parents are typically present for the birth and assume immediate parental rights and responsibilities;
In ADONIS Fertility International there is a strict adherence to medical protocols which ensure the highest safety of the future baby health.
While the own Legal Department will ensure that all parties involved are protected, their rights are upheld, and the necessary legal requirements are met.
When you start the Surrogacy process a lot of questions may arise – “How does Surrogate work?”, “What does Surrogacy mean?”, “What’s a Surrogate?”, “What is a Surrogate pregnancy?”, etc.
Embarking on the path of surrogacy can feel overwhelming, but rest assured that you don’t have to navigate it alone.
With the support and expertise of qualified professionals in the field of infertility, you can confidently embark on this transformative journey and begin your new life as parents.